in memory of michele dI Giovanni
Michele Mike Di Giovanni
November 24, 1974 - December 3, 2021
With great sadness, we share the news of Michele (Mike) Di Giovanni’s passing. At the age of 47, after a courageous battle with cancer, he was called to be with the Lord on December 3, 2021.
Lovingly survived by his wife, Vita; daughters, Sofia and Eva; parents, Vittorio and Pina Di Giovanni; brother and sister-in-law, Gianfranco and Laura Di Giovanni; niece and nephew Allegra and Damiano Di Giovanni; mother-in-law and father-in-law, Vito and Teresa Latrofa; sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Nadia and Martin Gomez.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, December 16th at Kearney Burnaby Chapel (4715 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC)
Parking is available at the rear of the building. Street parking is also available.
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Private family viewing.
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm General viewing for those that wish to attend.
The Funeral Mass will be held on Friday, December 17th at 10:00 am at Our Lady of Sorrows Parish (555 Slocan Street, Vancouver, BC)
Entombment to follow at 12:00 pm at Ocean View Burial Park (Grand Mausoleum 4000 Imperial Street, Burnaby, BC)
~Thank you for your patience, understanding and for following the current pandemic restriction protocols~
Our family appreciates you keeping our health and those around us in mind during these difficult days.
– Masks are mandatory at all services.
– Vaccine passports are not required at any of the services.
– The Viewing is limited to 20 people at a time in the Chapel. Please be respectful and allow time for all guests to pay their final respects.
– The Mass is limited to 200 people at the Church. A guest list has been prepared for the family and those on the list will be admitted into the Church first. If there is room, entry for other guests will be allowed. The Funeral Home staff will be handling the checkin at the Main entrance to the Church. Please use only the Main entrance and not the side entrance.
– There will not be a condolence line after Mass. Cards can be left at the front entrance of the Church where the guests will sign in.
In lieu of flowers, it was Mike’s wish that memorial donations be made to The Paul Sugar Palliative Support Foundation www.paulsugarfoundation.com